Terms and Conditions
of Sales, Repairs, and Service
The following Terms and Conditions describes the ways in which we, Computer Corner, Inc. (dba Computer Corner) of Albuquerque, New Mexico, establish our practices governing the sale, repair, and maintenance of our products and services.
Computer Corner, Inc. has the right to change these Terms and Conditions at its discretion, and these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
For questions or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions please contact Computer Corner at:
3101-A Menaul NE, Albuquerque NM 87107
PAYMENT. Unless stated otherwise on an invoice or sales order, payment for all sale of products listed on this invoice is due upon receipt of invoice. A 1.5% late fee will be imposed each month on ALL past due accounts. If your overdue payment is submitted without the late charge, your payment may be refused or applied to the late charge first leaving an outstanding balance. If Computer Corner, Inc. must hire an attorney to recover past due amounts, you will be liable for Computer Corner, Inc.’s cost of collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
DELIVERY. Unless otherwise noted, you are responsible for shipping and/or delivery charges. Risk of loss passes to you upon delivery by Computer Corner, Inc. to common carrier, title to the products will pass to you only after full payment of invoice. You agree that we retain a security interest in any goods purchased until payment in full and that we have the right to file a financing statement to perfect our security interest. Upon failure to pay any invoice, Computer Corner, Inc. may reclaim goods described on the reverse side of this invoice without waiving any legal rights and remedies of Computer Corner, Inc. to collect the amount of the unpaid invoice, plus late charges, costs, and attorneys’ fees.
RETURNS. If you want to return or exchange your purchase, please know that the time period begins the day you receive your product(s) and applies to new, clearance, open box, refurbished and pre-owned products. Unless noted otherwise below, most un-opened and un-damaged products may be returned within seven (7) days for full credit. Most products may be returned within fifteen (15) days for partial credit, after a 25% restocking fee, and within thirty (30) days for exchange for a similar product if the original product is defective. Bring your packing slip (if you received one), or your receipt, the credit card used to make your purchase, and a valid photo ID to facilitate your available return option. The following additional terms apply to returns:
- Computer Systems. Computer systems that are not custom builds may be returned with fifteen (15) days for partial credit, net of a 25% restocking fee, to cover the cost of reformatting the hard drive and preparing the product for re-sale as a used item to another customer.
- Special Orders or Custom Orders are Final. Special order parts may be returnable, subject to the return policies of the manufacturer/distributor and a 25% restocking fee (or the restocking fee charged by the manufacturer/distributor – whichever is higher) to cover the administrative costs associated with special orders. Custom and personalized orders made especially for you are nonreturnable. These are items where a customer has requested specific attributes (e.g., finish, color, size) or where a manufacturer builds only to order.
- Software Sales are Final. All software sales are final, due to strictly imposed copyright laws.
- Bundle Discounts and Free Items. If you received a discount or free item by purchasing multiple items together, you may lose some or all that benefit if part of the bundle is returned.
WARRANTY. If a defect is discovered and reported to Computer Corner, Inc. during the applicable warranty period, Computer Corner, Inc. will, AT ITS OPTION, repair or replace the product at no charge to you. If the service performed is deemed to be unrelated to any defects in parts or workmanship, both travel time and service time will be billed to the customer at the current service rate. The warranty applies only to hardware and peripheral products. Software, printers, and manuals are licensed and/or warranted pursuant to separate written statements by the manufacturer/publisher.
- Equus System Warranty. All new Equus computer systems and components are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the original invoice. Extended warranties are available for purchase and extend the covered warranty period from the original invoice date.
- Computer Corner Reconditioned (“CCR”) System and Product Warranty. All reconditioned or refurbished systems sold by Computer Corner are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship from the date of the original invoice as follows: desktops for six (6) months; laptops, including battery, for ninety (90) days. Extended warranties are available for purchase and extend the covered warranty period from the original invoice date. Unless otherwise stated on the invoice, all used inventory is covered by a limited warranty against parts and labor defects for period of ninety (90) days from the date of the original invoice.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”) System Warranty. All new OEM systems are covered by the terms and conditions of the warranty provided by the manufacturer, including any extended warranties sold by Computer Corner.
- Repair and Service Warranty. All labor is warranted for ninety (90) days from the service date. All new parts are warranted for one (1) year from the service date and all used or reconditioned parts are warranted for ninety (90) days from the service date. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser named on this invoice and is not transferable. The warranty begins on the date of the original invoice date, regardless of any repairs or replacement by Computer Corner, Inc. during the warranty period.
- Obtaining Warranty Service. Before bringing any product to Computer Corner, Inc., first call the Service Department at (505) 881-2333. We may be able to fix the problem over the phone or via remote service. All warranties are Depot Warranties, which requires the product to be brought back to the store for warranty service if phone or remote service is unsuccessful.
- Mail Order. Outside of Albuquerque: to obtain service on your equipment if you are outside of the Albuquerque service area, you must do the following: Contact Computer Corner to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). You must provide original invoice number, shipping date, serial number, complete description of items being returned and reason for return. Within ten (10) days of receiving the RMA number, the product must be shipped, freight prepaid, with a copy of your original invoice (proof of purchase). Write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the shipping box and mailing label. (FREIGHT COLLECT OR C.O.D. RETURNS WILL BE REFUSED).
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS: The warranty stated herein becomes void if the product has been modified without the WRITTEN permission of Computer Corner, Inc. or if any serial number has been removed/altered and/or the warranty seal is broken. Product failures resulting from misuse of product, electrical surges, lightning or other “Acts of God” are not product defects, and the repair or replacement of products under these circumstances is not covered by warranty. Computer Corner, Inc. is not responsible for repairing or replacing system files or other software files on a system on which illegal or “pirated” software has been installed. Computer Corner, Inc. shall have no obligation to enhance or update ANY UNIT once manufactured. Service performed, including travel time, that is not covered by warranty will be billed to you at the current service rate.
- Data Integrity. When reloading the Operating System on your computer, Computer Corner will back up the data we reasonably can from your computer and return this data to a folder labeled “OLD HARD DRIVE”, located on the desktop, or on external media, as requested by the customer. Computer Corner may not be able to backup all your data, and, in some situations such as a failed hard drive, data backup may not be possible. COMPUTER CORNER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA.
- Data Backup. Computer Corner, Inc. is not responsible for damages as a result of accidents, misuse, or abuse of equipment. Computer Corner, Inc. is not responsible for lost data or files. Data backup should be performed by all computer users on a regular basis.
- Virus and Malware Removal. When your computer leaves our shop after we have removed viruses and/or malware, the utmost care should be taken to prevent reinfection. Reinfection virus removal service is not covered under warranty. Reinfection typically results from the user performing an action such as opening an infected e-mail or attachment or downloading a file that is infected. Please do not operate your computer system without anti-virus protection, open e-mails from unknown sources, or download files without first scanning them with your anti-virus software. For more information about your anti-virus protection, contact your anti-virus manufacturer.
- Operating System Issues. It has been our experience and observation that the free upgrade offers to update your Operating System do not always provide a stable operating system for your computer. As a result, your computer may not be stable after upgrading. We will attempt to stabilize your system, but we cannot guarantee that an operating system that was not installed by Computer Corner, Inc. will operate properly.
- Data Migration and Data Clone. A Data Migration only backs up the data. It is not possible to backup or restore your programs. Programs that cannot be restored include, but are not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Photoshop, Quicken, QuickBooks, printer drivers and software, games, and any other program that you have installed or came installed on the computer from the original manufacturer. These Programs will need to be reinstalled from their original source (CD/DVD, download package, etc.) If you desire, Computer Corner can reinstall these programs (for an additional charge) from their original source, which you will need to provide. Due to software copyright laws, Computer Corner cannot install any software without the original source and/or product license key. A Data Clone is a procedure in which we attempt to clone, or copy bit for bit, your old hard drive to your new hard drive, which would include programs, icons, desktop configuration, etc. Data Clones may not be an available option, depending on your Operating System, the state of your hard drive, and other factors.
- Certain Parts Excluded. Due to the delicate nature of computer memory (RAM) and CPU/Processor chips, these parts are not warranted unless installed by Computer Corner, Inc. For this reason, chip installation is provided FREE OF CHARGE with chip purchase (this does not include any additional troubleshooting or repairs needed). Computer Corner, Inc., will, AT ITS OPTION, repair or replace a defective RAM or chip part at no charge to you within the warranty period. Software and software licenses, including Operating Systems and Application Software are warranted and supported pursuant to separate written statements by the manufacturer/publisher of the software.
- Acts of God. Product failures resulting from misuse of the product, electrical surges, lightning, or other “Acts of God” are not considered product defects and the repair or replacement of products under these circumstances is not considered to be part of the warranty obligation.
- THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. If an implied warranty is imposed by any court, such implied warranty shall be limited to duration of one (1) year from the date of original purchase of this product. The warranty, and remedies set forth above are exclusive and in lieu of all the other oral or written, express or implied. No Equus dealer, agent, or employee of an Equus dealer or Computer Corner, Inc. agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or additions to this warranty. Computer Corner, Inc. is not responsible for special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or under any other legal theory, including loss of profits, downtime, goodwill, damage or replacement of equipment and property, and any cost of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with Computer Corner, Inc. products.
- Abandoned Property. All articles left for computer service or repair that are not retrieved within thirty (30) days from service date, will be subject to a daily storage fee of $1.50 per day. After ninety (90) days from service date, abandoned articles will be disposed of according to Computer Corner’s discretion, pursuant to Sections 48-3-22 through 48-3-27 NMSA 1978.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Mexico, without regard to choice of law principles. Any litigation shall be brought in the state or federal courts of the State of New Mexico located in Bernalillo County and each party agrees to the exercise of personal jurisdiction over it by such courts. The Prevailing party to any action will be entitled to an award of reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs associated with the case. You and Computer Corner, Inc. hereby waive the right to any jury trial in any action, proceeding or counterclaim brought by either of us against the other.
- Terms Severable. Should any provision of this Agreement be found invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement will not be affected thereby and will remain valid and enforceable. This Agreement is binding on, and inures to the benefit of, the parties and their respective successors, assigns, heirs, executors, administrators, and legal representatives.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes or conditions beyond that party's reasonable control and which that party cannot avoid by the exercise of reasonable diligence.
- Amendments. These terms and conditions may not be modified, waived, or altered except by written consent by the party against whom the modified, waived or altered terms and conditions are sought to be enforced.