In this issue, we have information about Tax Free Weekend Specials, the release of Windows 11, and a request to vote for Computer Corner in the Albuquerque The Magazine "Best of the City" Awards.
Tax Free Weekend
August 6-8 is Tax Free Weekend and ANY computer system priced below $1000 is available for purchase without paying gross receipts taxes! This special weekend occurs once per year and is not restricted to purchases for school.
In addition to laptops and desktops, you can also purchase certain computer-related accessories, such as monitors, printers, cables, and much more, up to $500 EACH tax free.
We have 46 different systems priced below $1000 to take advantage of the Tax Free Weekend, including:
- 3 Laptop Models Bundled with MS Office
- 3 Equus Desktop Models Bundled with MS Office
- 17 Equus Desktop Models - Custom Built for You!
- 5 Laptop Models from HP and Lenovo
- 12 Reconditioned Desktops for Value Shopping
- 6 Reconditioned Laptops for Value Shopping
The reconditioned systems are backed by Computer Corner's warranty and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Don't delay!
Additional "extras" for Tax-Free Weekend:
- ANY system purchased during this promo will get a free Kaspersky Anti-Virus annual license – a $49.99 value
- SAVE $10 on the price of an Equus Warranty for a new Equus Desktop or Reconditioned Computer when purchased with ANY eligible system during the tax-free promo
- Gold Plus System Setup and Data Migration Service is only $150 when purchased with a system - a savings of $30
- Select printers and monitors are available for this Tax-Free Event.
Our recommendation is to avoid the rush and pre-order now. These simple steps will get you the highest quality computer for the money and help you avoid the lines and the taxes!
- Shop our store for Tax-Free Weekend eligible systems and peripherals.
- Fill out the pre-order form, provided by a staff member, to request a quote for your desired products. Be sure to include product numbers and any comments in the "Product" section of the form.
- Submit your request. Once received, we will contact you by the next business day with any questions or a quote for your tax-free system and accessories.
- If you approve the quote, simply pay a 75% deposit now to put a hold on products ordered via secure payment link.
- Come into the store on August 6th, 7th, or 8th to pay the final 25% without tax and take your new system home.
Tech Tips – Windows 11. What, When, and How.
- CNET has a helpful article covering the basics of Windows 11.
- The release date is expected to be as early as October and is fully expected to be released in the 2021 Holiday Season.
- Windows 11 is FREE for any system currently running Windows 10. Any system purchased between now and the release date will also be eligible.
- Microsoft as provided a System Check tool to determine if your system can support Windows 11. But that tool was removed because it didn't provide enough detail as to why a device was not compatible. More information can be found at Microsoft's Windows 11 website.
- As we get closer to release date, Computer Corner can help you determine if your system can support Windows 11. We can also help you select a new system to take advantage of the Windows 11 features.
Updates About Computer Corner
- Albuquerque The Magazine is running its annual "Best of the City" competition. Your vote matters! We humbly request your vote for Computer Corner as the "Best Local Computer Experts." Voting ends August 1!
- A vote means you appreciate "tech support with a human touch." A vote means you support our efforts to reduce, re-use, and recycle computer equipment. Please vote for Computer Corner!
As always, please send feedback.